Saturday, August 15, 2009

Freedom is free..

Yes, I am enjoying the fruits of freedom for free as I do not even know the price (price as in lost life's and sacrifices made in the forgotten independence struggle..) that we have paid for getting this independence...Even if I knew a bit seldom do I tend to refelect on this..




What does independence day mean to me..???!!!


1. A holiday with TV programme (disappointing personal fact)
2. A day to take oath to weed out the injustice (social conditioning of the mind)

Wish to write a few lines in tamil that I composed for a AIR programme during my college days dedicated to Kargil soldiers ... (though I have forgotten the complete lyrics here's the first few lines of that song..)


இந்தியத் தாயின் மகுடத்தில் பதிந்த பவள சிற்பங்களே...

உயிர் பூவினை தேசிய தாய்மைக்குச் சூட்டிய ஈர நெஞ்சங்களே ...

உங்கள் பாதம் பட்ட மண்ணில் சுதந்திரப் பூக்கள் பூப்பதென்ன...

2 comments:

Thangadurai Ramanathan said...

dei kiruba..unmaya nee YEluthina kavithaya???

Namba kooda iruntha paiyanukku evlo Arivaa....ha..ha..

Venkadesh K said...

freedom is always free..you really dont need to be Indian to have it(comment on picture). but yes you definitely are lucky to be born Indian :D